Emily Creasy | BIO

Early Life

I was born in Delaware in 1994. When I was about 3 my family moved from Delaware to LA, California. After living there for a few years we moved to College Station, TX. Basically we crossed basically every part of the US and settled on the hottest part. But hey, at least it wasn't Lubbock. In Lubbock it rains mud (I'm not joking I've been there and it's happened).

Ahem, so, we moved to Texas during one of the hottest summers on record and learned to survive the heat. It was quite brutal. Still, if we hadn't moved to Texas (the alternative was Maine) I may never have meet one of my best friends; Hannah Conrad.

Back to Top

Artistic Background

I suppose I've been pretty artsy right from the get-go. My first online portfolio was when I was about 2 or so. (I love my Dad. He made it for me and put really formal descriptions with everything. We found the printout copies when we were cleaning out the garage last summer.)

I tend to favor traditional media, but I've been transitioning more and more to using digital more directly and with more frequency. I'm the type of person who likes to dabble in and try everything from cut paper and water colors to graphite and copics to acrylics and digital and anything else I can find out in between.

Back to Top

Creative Influences

Hayao Miyazaki has been one of my biggest artistic influences. His movies and are are all so amazing, detailed, and genuine it's hard not to fall completely in love with his work.

Miyazaki Movies

Another huge influence has been anime and manga in general. My absolute favorites include Yu-Gi-Oh by Kazuki Takahashi and Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho. Both series are fantastic in their own ways. Including story, art, and characters. Another series I enjoy is Eyeshield 21 which features it's own fantastic art, story, design, and both art and character evolution and growth.

Other influences have included different cultures such as Ancient Egypt and Japan and other places around the world.

Back to Top

Interests & Hobbies

My interests and hobbies, of course, include art and drawing, but also include things like reading listening to music and comics as well as animation. I also enjoy things like archery, horseback riding, and rock climbing though I really need to allot more time to do these activities. I am working on producing several comics so good luck to me with that!

Back to Top